1. For the vinyl lover:
Browse thrift shops for 45s with sweet/cheesy titles like Elvis “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, to decorate a box of chocolates. You can add a personal pic to the back of the record with artist’s tape before tying the vinyl in place.
2. Pretty packaging:
Place meaningful trinkets, flavored lip balm, truffles, favorite poem, etc into a votive holder (hellloooo, dollar store!) – then top with a cupcake wrapper and tie with ribbon or string. This one is really easy and looks fancy. :)
3. Custom Candy Wrapper:
Design your own candy bar wrapper or use this free printable template pictured from AnythingbutPerfect. :) You basically just print, cut and glue! These are great to give out as gifts. You can download the mustache wrappers I designed by clicking here.
4. iPhone Valentine Candy Wrapper:
I thought this was so awesome! These are a perfect for your nerd sweetie. :D You can find a free version of the iPhone template here.
5. Valentine Chalkboard Mug:
There’s a great tutorial on how to make this neat mug here!
6. Clothespin Lovers Treat Bags: You can paint little clothes pins and then attach to a paper sack of treats!
7. Non-Corny Valentine’s Day Coupon Book: Here’s how to make a cute and fun coupon book for your crush or significant other– substituting those corny “Good For 1 Kiss” coupons for a shared inside joke, a future date, or something they’ll really appreciate, like a favorite homemade meal. They’ll laugh as they read your inside jokes and appreciate that you put so much thought into making it personal.
8. Valentine Sugar Cookies / Pops: There’s something about putting food on a stick that makes it fun, whimsical, and just all around cooler than food not-on-a-stick, right? Sugar cookies are a Valentine’s Day staple, and this is such a fun way to take something ordinary and make it totally rock. You can find an awesome tutorial here! And if you’re not into food on a stick you can just put them in cellophane packaging with colorful backgrounds cut from scrap book paper.
9. Tiny Matchbook Valentine Pads: Share a pocket-size token of your great appreciation with these matchbook notepads. To make them for your friends, get the easy instructions in our Craft Of The Day series.
10. ‘Je T’ Aime’ Coffee Cup Wrappers: Wouldn’t it be cute to surprise a loved one on Valentine’s morning (or any morning for that matter) with a cup of coffee for the road that literally says ‘I love you’? With this concept in mind these love-themed wrappers that can be used to dress up a disposable coffee cup. The perfect romantic gesture for the caffeine obsessed! Get the free printables here!
11. Heart punch cards: Why send a store-bought card to your valentine when you can make this adorable one from punched heart shapes? Create a sweet sentiment with hearts punched from coordinating papers and sew it on cardstock.
12. Hidden Heart Cupcakes: Saw this accidentally on youtube – Hidden Heart Valentine’s cupcakes. Love at first sight…. They look so beautiful and sweet!
Hope you guys liked some of these ideas! :)